- 1 large free-range egg
- 50g/1¾oz self-raising flour
- 150g/5½oz butternut squash, grated
- 198g tin sweetcorn, drained
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 4 tbsp oil, olive, sunflower or vegetable
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chipotle Chilli & Lime MAY-OH
Crack the egg into a bowl. Whisk the egg and flour together in a large bowl. Add the butternut squash, sweetcorn and spring onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat some oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Gently drop 1–2 large spoonfuls of the batter into the pan and spread with the back of the spoon. Spoon in four more fritters, leaving a 2–3cm/¾–1¼in gap between them.
Cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes on each side, or until crisp and golden-brown.
Serve with May-Oh's Chipotle Chilli & Lime Mayo.